A Service-Minded Humanist Community in Central Florida.
Tagline: Making a difference, together.
Mission: BE. brings compassionate atheists, humanists, freethinkers, and other non-religious identities, as well as allies of faith, together to make a difference in the community and overcome stereotypes about non-religious people through service and education.
- We empower secular individuals to make a difference for the greater community through volunteerism
- We encourage fellowship and connection among the secular community
- We serve as resource and advocate for secular, LGBTQ+, and other diverse demographic individuals;
- We foster active partnerships with other Florida secular organizations;
- We build bridges across differences by welcoming secular-friendly faith members and partnerships with faith organizations; and
- We advocate for the inclusion and acceptance of people of non-faith identities by demonstrating that kindness and compassion are ubiquitous human potentials.
- Provide opportunities for the secular community and its allies in Central Florida to engage together in volunteerism and philanthropy
- Organize at least two events monthly at local charities
- Reduce discrimination and misconceptions about people of non-faith
- Gather data on local charities about their policies and practices related to secular inclusion (online portal on our website)
- Speak to local charities about Humanism
- Make a difference in our community
- Track and report service hours and related accomplishments (such as blood drives, toy drives, book drives, etc.)
- Humanism – kindness and compassion are ubiquitous human potentials that transcend faith perspective. A secular worldview includes fulfillment, meaning, value, purpose, morality, happiness, personal identity, and connectedness.
- Service – making a positive difference for our community
- Gratitude – mindful living; appreciating and inspiring kindness, peace, and joy
- Inclusiveness – actively promoting inclusion for ALL, including the LGBTQ+, underrepresented minority faith, and non-faith communities.