There are way more than 3.141592653589 ways to make a difference with us this month!
Valentine’s Day was the best it’s ever been – volunteers gathered at SafeHouse of Seminole to serve “Food from the Heart”. Our gratitude to the UU Congregation of Lake County for partially sponsoring the dinner!.
BE.’s Board met this month to discuss our AHA chapter application, policy changes, and other business – you can view the meeting materials HERE.
We also held a member vote in February and 34% (29 of 86, based on number of active members in 2017) voiced unanimous approval for us to apply to be a chapter. The application will be submitted soon.
Secular Advocacy Dinner, March 15th
You’re invited! Join some very special guests for the Secular Advocacy Dinner on March 15th, 6-9 p.m. Details and RSVP HERE.
For more events hosted by Humanist and Secular Services at UCF, including diversity workshops and a monthly peer support group, visit the HSS Calendar.
RSVP & Details: Meetup.com/BEOrlando
- 3/10: Math, Science, & Pi(e) Fest Volunteers
- 3/7: last day to RSVP for SafeHouse
- 3/14: Serve dinner at SafeHouse
- 3/15: Secular Advocacy Dinner
- 3/21: Humanist Peer Support Group
- 3/24: Mattress Recycling
- 3/31: Meal Serve at Ronald McDonald House
Special Days in March
Visit our Humanist Calendar
- 3/1 World Maths Day
- 3/1 Banned(4)Life founded
- 3/1 Zero Discrimination Day
- 3/5 Penn Jillette’s birthday
- 3/8 International Women’s Day
- 3/14 Pi Day
- 3/14 Einstein’s birthday
- 3/16 Freedom of Information Day
- 3/26 Richard Dawkin’s Birthday
- 3/28 Daniel Dennett’s Birthday
Member’s Favorite Positive Life Quote
Contributed by: Michelle
“Just keep swimming” – Dory 🙂