The month of April is going to BE. amazing!! Visit our calendar site on Meetup to join us for the events below and more.
First, join us in the Call to Action: #StandWithPP by checking out the infoshare post about the current legislative issue in Florida regarding women’s reproductive rights and how you can make a difference. More: https://beorlando.wordpress.com/2016/03/20/standwithpp/
- April 1 – just kidding. No event on this date.
- April 2 – PSA: World Autism Awareness Day – We join the United Nations in raising awareness about Autism and we will Light It Up Blue with Orlando – wear your blue!
- April 2 – Manual Cruise to Rio de Ais – invest a morning on a leisurely kayak exploration of an area of the Indian River Lagoon and guided tour of some of the Oyster Reef Restoration implantation sites.
- April 2 – Arbor Day VII – Annual spring party for the local secular and Humanist community.
- April 4 – Square Root Day – Yuca try, but I yam sure you can’t beet it!
- April 10 – 16 – National Volunteer Week – spearheaded by the Points of Light foundation, this week is about inspiring and recognizing service, and encouraging people to seek out imaginative ways to make a difference in their communities.
- April 13 – Taco Mania – we’re making a taco bar for the women and children at SafeHouse for our monthly domestic violence shelter dinner
- April 16 – Aids Walk Orlando – the second largest annual fundraiser for the Hope and Help Center of Central Florida.
- April 20 – Event Volunteers needed for Adult Literacy League Fundraiser, Reading Between the Wines
- April 21 – Symphony Under the Stars – Annual social gathering of BE. members to enjoy a free outdoor concert hosted by the UCF Symphony Orchestra.
- April 23 – Central Florida Earth Day – Come by our vendor tent and say hello! We will be hosting the festival’s blood drive. Our tent will be part of the secular and Humanist community area – we look forward to seeing you there!
- April 25 – PSA – DNA Day
- April 28 – PSA – Pay it Forward Day – in 2015, people from 75 countries participated and there were 42 states and 48 cities that enacted Proclamations. Join the world in an Acts of Kindness initiative that inspires people to do good – and lead by example!
Looking forward – May 1st begins our STEM & Stuff Summer Reading Book Drive to support the Heart of Florida United Way’s Day of Action and other summer literacy initiatives to combat summer reading loss in our community.
We hope to see you at an event soon!