National Wear Red day – Join in the 12th annual movement to raise awareness about heart disease and stroke in women by wearing red this Friday, February 6th. You will look FABULOUS and you will be making a difference. Post your pictures to social media with hash tags #GoRed and #OrlandoGoesRed RSVP your pledge to wear red with us! Or learn more at Heart.org
Touch-A-Truck – Free interactive experience for kids of all ages. Trucks of all kinds will be on display – including emergency vehicles, service and construction vehicle, and the baddest of them all, Optimus Prime! Children can climb on them, sit in the drivers’ seat, and the operators will be on hand to answer questions. BE. will attend the event then go to lunch as a group. Join us!
Sunday Assembly (meets monthly) – a deity-free, progressive group that meets to hear great talks, sing songs, and celebrate the wonder of life. It’s a service for anyone who wants to live better, help often, and wonder more. February guest speakers are Derek Demeter, Director of the Seminole State College Planetarium and Katrina Anderson from the Black Nonbelievers of Metro Orlando. RSVP with us or visit their website for more information.
Other upcoming events:
- Nonprofit Community Partnerships Conference (attend conference)
- Grand Opening Celebration at Natural Healing Solutions (social, support member business)
- Random Acts of Kindness Week (Feb 9-15) (National awareness campaign)
- Puppy Love Dog Festival (social)
- Serve Dinner at a Domestic Violence Shelter (volunteer)
- 28th Annual Real Florida 5K (social / active event)
- Math, Science, and Pi(e) Festival (volunteering)
- Pi Day Dinner (social)
BE. is a private Meetup group that is free and open to the public. Learn more here.